Sunday, August 31, 2008

Meet our new family members







Well, we did it, we got 2 new kittens, yes that is right 2, a boy and a girl. The pet store close to us just never had any kittens so while we were out yesterday, we decided to stop at another pet store a little further away and they must have had about 15 kittens to adopt. They were well taken care of and have already had their shots. Lauren named the black and grey one Mia, but Marshall is still working on a name for the boy so right now, he is called "the orange one". They spent the entire night calling them Sophie and Oskie by mistake. They are both really playful and like each other alot, they are not related at all. They both slept in the little bed we bought before we came and they are not afraid of the kids at all. I think we make some good picks. They have mostly stayed in the kitchen and dining room so far, but I'm sure that won't last long.
We had a good weekend. I signed Lauren up for Jazz class which starts on Wed afternoon and she bought a leotard and jazz shoes for it. We walked over to her school on Sat and got a library card, so now we can all check out books. She picked 3 to start. I also stopped at Marshall's classroom to look for his favorite stuffed cat that he brought and left there on Friday but I couldn't find it, I sent a note to his teacher today. Both of them really like taking the bus. Lauren started Chinese class on Friday and learned a song in Chinese, but then couldn't remember it. I am going to start a Chinese class tomorrow, it is from 9:30 to 12:30 Tue and Thur. I can't wait, I really don't like not being able to understand anything or say anything besides Hello and Thank you.
We had our second round of rabies shots yesterday and the kids did great, no crying at all. Only one more to go.
Hope everyone is doing well in the US. We miss you!

No comments: