Monday, August 18, 2008

We Went to Visit the School







Hi everyone,
Today we heard that Lauren and Marshall's new school might be open so we walked over. It is called ISB (International School of Beijing). I believe there are about 1600 kids there from Pre-school to High School. There are 6 2nd grade classes with about 22-25 kids in each one. We walked over and at the gate was a security guard that did not speak English, so he just let us in. Then at another gate was a girl who spoke a little English and I asked if we could walk around the school, she didn't really want us too but let us through the gate anyway. The school was open for new teacher orientation this week so we just took a look around. It is huge! We saw each of their classrooms and cafeteria, library (they had all of the American girl books, and Junie B Jones). The classroom were open, so we were able to just go in. It really made the kids excited. Marshall wanted to stay and play in the 4 year old room. I think they will love it. It starts Aug 28th. They provide all of the school supplies for you (I guess they figure the outrageous tuition should cover it).
After that, we went to the pool while our basement was being tiled. It is a MESS down there. Hopefully they will be done this week. I'm glad I don't have to clean it. I am going to try to get Marshall's haircut tomorrow. We also were at the pet store yesterday and they had a 6 month old kitten that the owners were wanting a new home for since their 2 dogs chased the kitten too much. The owner of the pet store is going to talk to the cat's owners and make sure they want to give it away, so hopefully we will have a new addition soon. I may stop there tomorrow and see if he knows anything yet.
Hope all is well in the US. Miss you all!

No comments: