Yesterday we spent some time at the zoo. It is a really nice zoo, the areas where the animals live are a little small but nice. It is really big with the aquarium right next door. It was so hot, it is hard to be outside for any lenght of time but it was cool in the aquarium at least. We got to see Panda bears, giraffe, elephants, lions and tigers and the kids got to feed some fish. It was fun. We saw a girl with an Olympic camera crew around here and asked her if she was an sthlete, she said she is but is a skier in the winter Olympics. Her name was Julia. People were taking picutes with her. We then went to try TGIFridays, it was OK. The burgers were not that great but the kids liked it there alot. Last night I met some girls at someones house for dinner and drinks, it was fun. A girl I met at the pool invited me and I met some really nice people, none of them work for CAT and all have been here for over 2 years so they had alot of funny stories and advice. They all have kids around the same age as mine. It was a good time, I'm glad I went. Then during the night for the last 3 nights, Todd and I wake up and fight off mosqutios. They are so bad here, and they buzz so we can hear them flying around while you are sleeping. When they bite you, you end up with big red welts. I have them on my face. Luckily, so far they only seem to come into our room, not the kids yet. We will need to get mosquito netting for their rooms if they do. You have to use this small "tennis racket" that has a button to shock and kill the mosquitos. As soon as you turn on the light, they hide and then just when you are ready to fall asleep, you hear them again. Very annonying. Anyway, just heading to the pool again today, Miss Geri is making dinner- Kung Pao Chicken so I'll let you know how it tastes. She is playing some sort of action hero game with Marshall right now, he loves her. He just talks and talks to her and I'm know she doesn't understand anything he says but she still sits and plays with him for hours. It is cute. Take care everyone.
PS Roseann, thank you so much for the care package. Lauren loved the Hannah Montanta fruit snacks. Everything was perfect. Thanks again, we appreciate it!
No comments:
Post a Comment