Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The Kittens are Settling In





Mia and "the orange one" are settling in nicely. We just can't all agree on a name, I know we are terrible. We will take suggestions! They are starting to venture out of the kitchen now. We brought them upstairs and they immediately took over Lauren's doll bed and fell asleep. They played the entire day yesterday and then just crashed at night. They now come up to us when we come in the room, instead of diving under the cabinet. They are really nice kittens and are already litter box trained, which is nice.
I put a picture of the kids with Miss Geri. Her husband is in the hospital, after I think he had a stroke. She wrote out a few words for me and it said a blood vessel in his brain and she said his arm and leg were numb. I made her stay home Friday but she insists on coming still. I do make her leave early though. I feel bad but she won't stay home. She is great and now she is helping me with Chinese. I had my first class today, it was so fun! There are 4 other women in it who are also beginners and the teacher is really nice. We had alot of fun doing it today. She used little flash cards with the alphabet like we were in preschool to learn the pronunciation. Some of the sounds I have never heard in my life and my mouth just doesn't know how to make them yet. But I think the class will be great. I am the only American in there so to hear some of us try to say the same word with different accents was hilarious. We were all laughing so hard. I have it 2 days a week for 3 hours a day. It seems like alot, but it went really fast.
I then went to the gym and after that, I dusted off my bike and rode it to a shopping area, just to see if I could do it. It may seem little, but I was proud of myself! I hadn't ridden it for a couple of years, especially on crowded streets in China. Again, it is the little things, isn't it?
Hope all is well in US. We miss all of you!

1 comment:

Hemant Saluja said...

Hey!

I saw your family photos these all are very nice. Your child looks very cute. I think you have better understanding between each other. May god bless you. Always keep smiling


===================================
Rajnish
look4ward