The first day of school was today and the kids LOVED it. Lauren had trouble falling asleep last night because she was so excited and was up at 6:45 this morning, ready to go. We had to wake up Marshall, but then he was excited also. We all walked over to school(about a 15 minute walk) and had an orientation meeting with all of the new lower elementary school (about 200 new kids in the lower elementary school alone). Then we had a short meeting with each teacher for about 15 minutes to talk about any concerns and goals we had. It was nice. The kids have their own lockers and really liked their classrooms and teachers. they were both really nice, Lauren's teacher is originally from Minnesota and Marshall's from Vancouver. Both have been here for a few years. Lauren's class only has 15 kids in it, really small, and Marshall's has about 10. They had a picnic lunch for all students and parents and then the kids started school at 12:00. We had them ride the bus home, and we were getting a little nervous since the bus was supposed to arrive at 3:40. At 3:55, I finally walked home from the bus stop, while Todd stayed there, so I could find some numbers to call, but luckily they came while I was doing this. I think the people on the bus were confused, but at least they won't let the kids out unless someone is there to meet them. I am going to ride the bus with them tomorrow to and from to show them which stop to get out. They were so cute, Lauren said she got on the bus and was going to sit in the 3rd seat and then saw Marshall and said "Marshall!" and sat by him. I can just picture how that meeting went. Overall, it was a great day and Lauren said she liked the girls in her class. Marshall liked playing in the sand.
We then went to the pool and later walked to a restaurant about 25 minutes away which was really good. Marshall fell asleep in the stroller right away and we decided that his class must be really hard. We are doing baths and bed now.
Take care and we miss you all!
This is from Lauren- I have Ms. Voight as a teacher and she is really nice. I met two new friends at school. their names are Lila and Rachel. Rachel sits across from me and Lila sits at the table behind my table. Also, Lila rides the same bus as me and the first day, We got on the bus, Lila sat down in the fourth row, In the third row I saw Marshall and sat down next to him. LAUREN!
No comments:
Post a Comment