Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Marshall's Special Day at School








Today was Marshall's "special day" where he got to bring in a bag with his favorite toys, book, pictures, and anything that he wanted to share with the class. Then he got to sit in the teacher's chair and talk about it. He did a good job and then got to share a snack with the class. He also got to be line leader all day which was the best thing about it for him. That is all he could talk about. They also had a picnic for both EC4 classes and I put some pictures of that on here. He is with his 2 buddies- Liam and Owen in the one picture, and his friend and neighbor, Natasha in one. Also I put one of Miss Lucy, who is the TA for his class. He really likes school. Lauren has been really busy, she has after-school activities through the school on Mon and Tue until 4:30- she does a sports medley which is where they play PE games, and String Art, she likes both. She also has ballet on Tue, gymnastics on Sat, and tennis on Sun. She has been busy, but she likes all of the things she is doing, so I don't think she minds. She has been making better friends with the girls in her class, which is nice.
Things have been interesting here because of the milk recalls. Luckily (I guess), Lauren does not like any of the milk or yogurt here so she has been fine. I did throw away these yogurt drinks that Marshall just loves, because it was on the list of "badly contaminated" items. Yes, apparently there is a list of items ranging from badly to mildly contaminated. He must have had about 30 of those drinks since we have been here. They have also taken all of the milk products out of the school cafeteria. I am still giving him some milk, but I went and bought some boxed milk imported from France. I just try to find some that don't have any Chinese writing on them at all, because even the Nestle milk produced here had some melamine in it. It is most dangerous for babies because that is all they drink, but from what I hear, most products here have some melamine in them, not just the milk. It's just that there were now large amounts in the baby formula. Scary.

Other that that, things here are good. It has been a little chilly and rainy the last couple of days- in the 50's but may get a little warmer later this week. We are going to Thailand next week so that will be fun (and warm). Still trying to learn Chinese (and will be for a long time!)
Take care everyone, we miss all of you

No comments: