Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A Special Day

It was a special day indeed, not only did I find squeeze bottle ketchup, but also Cookie Crisp cereal, which Lauren will be very excited about. They may be dented and slightly stale, but they are ours anyway. I may go back and buy the rest, but at almost $8 a box, I have to pace myself. You just never know what will be in these grocery stores. It seems like they wait to run out of almost everything before they get a new shipment of food in. They also had Diet Pepsi, which I very rarely see, so I bought some for Todd's parents and Lolo when they come next month.
Yesterday, Lauren's ballet started. We switched from Jazz, she just doesn't like it, so we'll try ballet. There seem to be alot of kids switching around the first couple of weeks. Then I went to a Brownie meeting at her school. It is pretty well organized, they will meet 2 Sat. mornings a month.
Today Marshall only had a half day, so we went with a friend (who also has a boy in EC4- Jack) to the China Railway Museum. It was a huge (and dirty) indoor area with probably 40 engines and train cars in it from all around the world. You can climb up into them and play with all of the levers and buttons. It is probably very unsafe and I'm sure is something that would never be allowed in the US, but it is just fine here! It was neat, my friend took some pictures and I will put them up when she e-mails them to me.
Still working on my Chinese, I try to talk to the driver and ayi in Chinese and they both look at me strangely and then correct me. It is working out well, although, they probably think I am nuts.
Hope all is going well, we miss you!

No comments: