Everyone is still getting up pretty early, around 6:30. We went to a market today- called the Dirt Market where they sell little trinkets, stone, jade, rugs, a little bit of everything. Lauren and Marshall laughed when they saw a little boy walking around with no clothes. Alot of times here, the babies don't wear pants or they wear pants with a split in them so they can go to the bathroom. The two of them just giggled. We just walked around for while but didn't buy anything. Then we went to Jin Shung Park near the Forbidden City. Todd and I had gone there in April, it is a big hike to the top but you can see the entire Forbidden City and alot of Beijing. All around the park are people singing and dancing. It was really pretty, lots of flowers and greenery. At the top, they have a place where you can get your picture taken in traditional Chinese clothes so we had the kids do it. Marshall told the girl he was the Emperor and she laughed. They turned out really cute. If you look at some of the pictures from the park, you can just make out the Forbidden City, but it was very hazy today. Marshall had a chance to practice his karate moves.
We had the best lunch after that- at the Hard Rock Cafe. The cheeseburgers were so good and they had french fries, which I had not seen anywhere until today. Marshall ordered a cheeseburger, which he has only been eating for about 2 weeks and ate the entire thing. It was so big, I can't believe he finished it.
So now we know we have Hard Rock and yesterday, we ordered Papa John's Pizza which tasted pretty close to the pizza at home. We never really ate it at home, but it was much better than Domino's here.
Another stop at the grocery store and then home with 2 exhausted kids, again. I have finally found some good apples and bananas, and milk but no luck on the meat yet. I'm picky anyway but there is no way I would buy some of the meat I have seen so far. Oh well, there is always vegetarianism.
We have gotten Slingbox to work thanks to Todd's brother, (Thanks Ryan) Right now it is only on our laptop computer so we have not used it too much yet, but once we figure out how to get it onto our TV, it will be great.
This blog is nice, but I never get to hear how anyone else is doing, so make sure everyone keeps e-mailing me so I know what is going on with all of you.
We miss you all, take care
1 comment:
Well, someone needs to leave the first comment, so we'll get the party started!
Sounds like everyone's doing pretty well considering you moved halfway around the world! We love the pictures - L and M are going to really love looking at these pictures when they get older....
Really jealous to hear that you get to go to a medal-round swimming event! Can't wait to hear how the city is during the olympics - it's going to be crazy!
Happy to help with the slingox, but we had to add a small table underneath the computer table to hold the receiver and such and Osk and Soph are not too happy that we've eliminated one of their sleeping areas....
Nothing else new with M or I - I'm in Denver this week then London next week - M and I get to move Ashley into her new place in Elmhurst on Saturday...we always get called for move-in duty!
We all really miss you already, but we'll be over to see you as soon as we can!
Talk to you soon!
Morgan and Ryan
Post a Comment