Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A Fun Day
















We had another busy day, today was the day we could have the car. We started off walking around Tian'an Men Square and the Forbidden City and then along a busy shopping street which took us about 5 hours. It was very hot but the kids were great. It was absolutely crazy how many people wanted pictures with the kids. It started off with people just taking pictures of them in passing but soon they wanted pictures of them with other kids. At one point there were 10 people at least taking a picture of Marshall. They were so good about it, even with it being so hot, Lauren would get up and put her arm around the person and smile. I think she is starting to like it a little too much, hence the movie star pose. We then went to eat at McDonald's which made them very happy. It really tasted good, I must admit. Lauren finally ate something- I think she ate at least 8 chicken nuggets. I am trying to post some pictures from today, hopefully they will work.


We then went to the Olympic store to get some neat items, it was packed and not at all organized. They may have some trouble when the Olympics actually start. Anyway, we stopped for ice cream from a vendor after that and then the grocery store again to stock up on picnic items for Fri when we go to the Great Wall. Lauren is excited to go but it is going to be very hot again.


Alot of people here are trying to speak English, I think for the Olympics, but it does make it much easier for us, considering all I know is Hello, Thank you, and Bye. Everyone is so nice, and they just smile at the kids. I had 2 people in the Olympic store say "2 kids for you" and "a girl and boy", since they can only have one child here.


We came back and picked out Lion statues for our front porch and the kids had time to play Play-Dough with Miss Geri before she left. Marshall fell asleep on the couch around 7 but I woke him up to give him a bath since we got really dusty today and both are asleep by 8:30. Marshall was still up at 5am today, so hopefully he'll sleep in tomorrow. Todd and I rearranged the kitchen for a while.


Hope all is well in the US. Take care!

By the way, for those of you who are wondering, I have a 12 pack of Coke Zero in the fridge right now!

No comments: