Well, we made it to China. The flight was long but it was OK. The kids had plenty to do and slept for a little while. I sat next to Marshall and he slept for about 4- 5 hours and talked for the other talked for the other 8. We were so tired by last night around 6:30. We ordered a Domino's Pizza after I went to the little grocery store but no one liked it. I made the kdis peanut butter and jelly (which I brought, I told everyone it would come in handy). We can only have the car on the road every other day, so today (Sunday), we walked through the neighborhood and to a little shopping area 15 minutes away. We ate at a Mexican restaurant which was good. Lauren had her American Girl doll with here and they were both wearing the same shirt. Everyone kept looking at her and smiling. The waitresses took their picture with her. Both kids are saying Hi and Thank you in Chinese (Lauren even pulled out a Good-bye which I didn't even know she knew). Marshall says Hi to EVERYONE in Chinese. He said it to a little boy in the restaurant and the boy said "Don't you speak English?" It was cute.
Our house is really nice, we had some water in the basement and they are in the process of fixing it. I got all of the suitcases unpacked, at least. Both kids love their new rooms.
It is pretty hot here right now, but the air seems fine. I was a little worried about it, but it is fine being outside. We don't have any English TV except HBO, Cinemax, and National Geographic, so if is doesn't happen on those, we don't know about it. We are supposed to have The Cartoon Network and Nickelodon, but they don't seem to come in right now, much to the disappointment of the kids. We are going to try Slingbox and see if it works.
Hope all is going well for all of you!
Sunday, July 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment