Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Long Night at IKEA












We got home pretty late tonight from a 3 hour long trip to IKEA. Let's just say it involved miscommunication, long lines, and whiny kids. They both fell asleep on the way home but woke up when we got home and ate cereal for dinner. We did buy the things we needed to set up the basement, when the floors are re-tiled that is.
We finally found a place to buy meat, we went to a German meat market and stocked up on some items. There are rumors that because the air quality is so bad, the government may ban 90% of cars, which would mean we could only have the car less than one time a week. Hopefully that doesn't happen. I don't really notice the poor air when breathing, although it is very hazy.
I am finally putting some pictures of the house on the blog. It is really nice and once the basement is done, we will be able to get all of the kids toys out for them. We are figuring out Slingbox, we were able to get it on to our TV but the picture is not the greatest, we are still trying to figure out how to fix that. We both fell asleep last night watching the Today Show. (Sad but true)
I am going to put pictures up showing how Miss Geri arranges the kids stuffed animals each day. The kids love to go up and see what she did with them. She is really nice and Marshall gives her a big hug whenever he sees her. She made them lunch yesterday (I didn't even know she was doing it) and made grilled cheese but didn't take the paper that comes inbetween the slices off. Marshall wouldn't eat it because there was "hard" stuff in the middle but I didn't think anything of it until Lauren took a bite and starting gagging, saying "There's paper in it". It was rather funny. I just quietly made them another one.
Other than that, we have just been swimming and playing at the playground. It still doesn't seem like alot of families are back yet from vacation. Probably in the next few weeks. Lauren is already looking forward to starting school. I think they will both like it.
Hope all is going well in the U.S.
Take care

1 comment:

Kristin Budde said...

Wow, that is quite the house! We are enjoying your blogs. Kristin