We didn't go much today. Todd took a shuttle bus to work which leaves at 6:45 and I spent the morning organizing the what seemed like hundreds of bottles of Children's Tylenol, kids toothpaste, shampoo and all of the other items I brought here in stockpiles. Luckily, we have plenty of storage in the basement. Speaking of the basement, workers were here today digging a trench along the side of the house where the water came in a couple of weeks ago and flooded it. They patched it today and tomorrow, they are going to put a hose in it and see if the patch works. A little crazy but I guess it is as good a way as any to check
The kids had their standard PB&J for lunch. They keep asking, "Is this Chinese yogurt or American?". Luckily they are starting to find things they like, but we still have a ways to go. We went to the pool after that. We went to the indoor pool for most of the time which actually has a neat kids pool. It comes up to about chest high on Marshall and they had alot of fun with their kickboards. Stopped at the playground after that for a while. The sky looked funny today, I could look directly at the sun which looked pink and the sky was all hazy white. It is just strange, it is hard to describe. It is very hazy but so far, I haven't noticed that it is hard to breathe.
We are going to order dinner from an Italian restaurant tonight. It was good, we ate there when Todd and I came in April and they will deliver to our house.
Marshall and Lauren finally slept in until after 6:00 today- happy day!
I forgot to write yesterday that when we were at the Palace yesterday, we told the kids that this is where the Emperor lived. Marshall said when he grows up, he want to be an"Emperator" too and live there.
More good news, a sent a package before I left to our house address and it got here yesterday in good shape. It only took 7 days. I used the flat rate shipping from the post office for $39.00 Hint Hint to all of you who promised to send items. I am starting a list of comfort things I would like to have - right now it is -
Fruit roll ups and Fruit by the foot
Fruit snacks
Kool-aid
Quaker chocolate chip granola bars
Canned lite pears
I haven't been able to find these yet. Don't send things yet, I am going to keep looking for them.
That's all for now, Marshall just stuck his entire hand in red stamper ink. That's not coming off anytime soon. I'll try to post pictures tomorrow
Take care all
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment