Monday, July 21, 2008

It Finally Worked

I've been trying to log on for 2 days now and it wouldn't connect to this page. It finally worked. We have had a couple of busy days. Yesterday we did a 9 hour marathon shopping excursion. We went to so many stores, including Ikea, Wal-Mart, and the pet store (they didn't have any kittens). The kids did as well as could be expected. Today, Todd took a shuttle bus to work and we went to the pool and playground in the subdivision. It was fun.
The kids (and all of us) are still trying to adjust to the time difference. They get up at varying hours between 2-4am and go back to sleep until 5-6am. They have been in bed by 6pm each night. Lauren at 3pm one day. I think it will take a while.
On the airplane here, Lauren lost a tooth and the tooth fairy brought her some Chinese money, she was very excited. We all met Miss Geri and the kids really like her. She brought them little presents when she first came, a little gold mouse with a string for Marshall and hair clips for Lauren. She and Lauren were just playing some game downstairs together. She is really nice and does alot around here. She made Marshall's grilled cheese sandwich for lucnch while I did Lauren's PB and J. She understands some English, more than I thought she would.
Everyone here has been really nice, the kids say Hi to everyone and they always smile and say Hi back. Marshall sat next to a man on a bench and watched him smoke a cigarette. The man was showing him how to blow out (it was lovely)
Lauren also had her first experience with a Chinese bathroom. It is pretty much a hole in the ground with places for your feet. It was so gross, I told her just to go, it is fine but I don't think I could have used it. Let's just say the floor around it was not very clean, but she used it anyway.
We have a blue minivan to drive around in here, it is nice and Meng, the driver is also nice. He hasn't complained once about the kids being loud in the car.
We are still waiting for the basement to be fixed, they said maybe next week, and then we can get it all set up for the kids. There are still boxes of toys down there. We did get Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon to work, much to Marshall's delight. The Disney Channel is in Chinese unfortunately. I also saw one episode of Ellen and The Today show, I think they just show random shows at times but I was happy about it. They also really do show Friends alot.
I've been able to find alot of things at the Western Grocery store (no grape jelly!) so that has been a plus. Everything is going along fine. I miss all of you at home. Hopefully this will continue to work.
Take care all!

1 comment:

Judy said...

So great to see the photos:-))) Grandma flies in on Sunday and I already told her that you would be sending photos and about your blog, although she had not a clue what i was telling her:-)))) Looks like you are making yourself at home there..... Keep all the great photos coming...

We Love You,

Judy, Jesse, Chance & Chowder

oh and not sure that you will be able to get this but thought you might enjoy from Chance

http://www.lyricfcr.com/ He is the star of the week so you must get there before the next member of the family does something GREAT