Friday, October 10, 2008

More pictures









Hi everyone,
Things here are good. Lauren has a friend over right now and is really happy. Even though they are only playing their DS's, it is a step in the right direction. She is still getting sad at night, mostly, because she misses her friends. Marshall is doing great and plays with Zach, across the street everyday.
The kittens are fine. They start out sleeping with the kids at night and then make it into our bed, usually right on top of us. They are scratching everything in sight, though, so we need to get them declawed.
We are getting ready for Todd's parents and Grandma who come tomorrow. The kids are so excited. I went today with Miss Geri and Meng to try to rent or buy a wheelchair. It would have been only $50 for Chinese people, for me it was $75. Oh well, it could be worse. And now we have a wheelchair in case we ever need one. My friend Carrie is also coming to Beijing with her husband on a business trip, so I can't wait until then. I put in an order for candy corn and kids chapstick!
My Chinese class is going well. Miss Geri tries to talk to me in Chinese, she has to repeat it SLOWLY about 6 times with some charades for me to understand. She is nice though and says she can understand me. Meng too!
I found a great new store called City Shop which has alot of American products. It is near the American Embassy and believe it or not, it has GRAPE JELLY! The squeezable kind no less. I was so excited and spent way too much money there but I really felt like I was in an American grocery store.
Well, better go and make dinner. We miss all of you!

No comments: