Saturday, February 28, 2009

Waiting for Spring

We are all waiting for warmer weather here. At least is in not freezing anymore, but we are definitely ready to be outside more. We've been taking the kids swimming in the indoor pool lately, which they really like. Todd and I went out for his birthday last Friday, we walked out of the 1st restaurant but ended up having a really good dinner at a place where we went on our househunting trip. Miss Geri babysat for us and made paper boats for the kids all evening. They had a great time. Lauren made her 1st Confession this past Sat. She was really nervous right before she went in, but it seemed to go fine. She will make her 1st Communion in April. She has alot of kids in her Communion class, around 20 and they will wear the white dresses, it should be nice. She goes to class every Monday for it in the evening. Marshall is doing just fine also. He still really likes school. Lauren's class is putting on a circus this Sat, it is pretty big. Marshall will get to watch it during the day when they perform it for the younger grades. They will have plate spinning, stilt walking, jump rope, and I am not sure what else. I had a clown costume made for her, I'll put pictures up after. I realized that I have been behind on putting pictures up (and blogging). These pictures are from the time around Chinese New Year. Some are from Marshall's class making "jiaozi", or Chinese dumplings (That is Miss Geri in the picture helping him!) and others are from a Temple Fair that their school put on. It was great, they hire people to do dragon dances, have little booths for the kids to buy things, and each class puts on a little performance. In Brownies, they put together a little show, I will try to upload a short video of it, I took it on my camera, so it is not long. Hopefully it will work. Not much else going on. We are all booked for summer, I have our tickets, rental car, etc. Looking forward to seeing everyone. Hope everyone is doing well, we miss you. PS For those of you who send packages to us, we have a new request- pepperoni! If anyone could just stick a few packages in everytime you mail something, it would be GREATLY appreciated! Frozen pizza is nonexistent here, so I have been making pizza bagels but they also don't sell pepperoni. Thanks!

No comments: